H-Source is a cloud-based solution built to make healthcare supply chain more efficient and sustainable. To some, it is a marketplace to buy and sell items with other facilities. To others, it is a consolidated supply chain services solution for health systems, IDNs, ACOs, and GPQs.
Regardless of how you use H-Source, you have several key features and benefits to make your supply chain more efficient and sustainable:
- Inventory tracking and reporting for facilities within a health system, IDN, ACO, or GPO
- Facilitation of asset movement between facilities, so inventory can be shared
- Streamlined process for moving assets within or outside the health system, including shipping labels, packing slips, and cost allocation
- Management dashboards, reporting, and visualization to easily identify item quantities, stock near expiration, and top manufacturers in inventory, for example
- Report transaction data by clinical department, facility, or IDN
- Built-in DSCSA track-and-trace
- Recall notifications
- Access to the global marketplace to buy and sell items with other healthcare facilities
- EDI, API, blockchain integrations
Supply Chain Management:
- Manage inventory across multiple locations and healthcare delivery units
- Easily track and move assets between facilities as needed, reducing the overstock from minimum purchase contracts
- Aggregate inventory data for analysis for improved purchasing decisions
- Transfer to and from multiple locations with one transaction/purchase order
H-Source data visualization helps users optimize supply chain spend, reduce costs, and make more informed purchasing decisions.
Users can define reports, annotate them, and automatically share them with colleagues for improved decision-making and communication.
Money recovered in healthcare supply chain goes straight back into bottom line cash flow. With a net profit national average for hospitals estimated at 1.8%, $100K recovered by selling excess inventory would have otherwise required $5.6M in revenue generation.
At a 1.8% profit margin:
- $2.9M in costs recovered is equivalent to $161M in new revenue.
- $1.6M in reduced costs is equivalent to $89M in new revenue.
- So far, saved and recovered costs equate to $250M in new revenue
States are home to H-Source
Healthcare facilities actively buy and sell on H-Source Marketplace; 1,021 have
Diverse facilities are represented: teaching, university, children’s, and community